UP Partnership and San Antonio Area Foundation announce grant application period open to nonprofits serving youth
Applications due April 9, 2021, 11:59 p.m. CDT
UP Partnership and the San Antonio Area Foundation are pleased to announce a call for proposals for the Youth Leadership Development Grant open to Bexar County organizations that serve young people.
The Area Foundation, an UP Partnership anchor partner, is leading this community grantmaking initiative that will award up to 15 Youth Leadership Development grants and four Artist Fellowship grants throughout the city. These grants will support community-serving organizations that work directly with young people to prepare them for future success, career readiness, and resiliency.
These grants are made possible through an investment from Blue Meridian Partners as part of a community-wide strategy to ensure equitable recovery in San Antonio and spur long-term economic mobility in our city.
About Our Partners and Purpose
UP Partnership serves as the backbone of the larger equitable recovery initiative, accelerating a citywide plan alongside its 175 cross-sector and youth-serving institutions throughout Bexar County. The citywide alignment initiative is composed of UP Partnership and its two anchor partners, the City of San Antonio and the Area Foundation, as well as implementation partners who will receive funding for their work on this project. This particular project is between UP Partnership, the Area Foundation and selected grantees.
About the Youth Leadership Development Grant
Youth Leadership Development grants will support organizations that develop and foster the following strategies for youth and have a strategy in place for youth empowerment and growth:
- Leadership: Develop young leaders by providing opportunities for youth to exercise their voice
- Resiliency: Support social and emotional learning and mental health to develop resiliency
- Future Success: Prepare youth for future success by offering education and career development programs that align to student passion and interest
Number of grants: 15
Grant Amount: $5-50,000 grants/ 2 years (depends on the size of the organization)
About the Artist Fellowship Grant
Additionally, art-based learning grants will support four organizations awarded Youth Leadership Development grants to hire artist fellows. This fellowship will support art-specific strategies centered on empowering the youth voice and building civic engagement. These projects are intended to promote collaboration between an artist or artist collective and youth participants.
Artist fellowship grants are added on to the Youth Leadership Development Grant applications and foster the following strategies:
- Use art to support social and emotional learning and mental health to develop resiliency
- Develop youth leaders by providing opportunities for youth to exercise their voice through art
- Partner with UP Partnership’s Our Tomorrow network on a citywide youth-led exhibit
- Share artist and youth participant stories on Our Tomorrow’s podcast
Art Fellow: $15,000
Partnering organization: $5,000